Friday, June 17, 2005

New York in Rain


The Fifth Avenue, Spring 2004.
Today I had lunch with my college classmate, Irene. She asked me an interesting question, the most difficult lesson of life for you.
In my opinion, "be happy & satisfied" is the most difficult lesson of life. As time goes by, we have to accept the true that sometimes we can't reach our goal and it happens a lot that most of time we probably couldn't make our dreams come true.
Do you remember the moment when you scratched head, bitted a pencil with ugly teeth, and tried to complete the composition titled "My Goal of Life" before the bell ringing in the tiny elementary campus? I wonder how many persons did reach their life goals which they set when they were kids.
I know it sounds a little bit sad. However, you can't deny that life is the consequence of a series of compromises. And everyone has to realize that not every person can be a hero. I remember that teachers always teach us that you have to study hard if you want to be someone. But now I find out that sometimes no matter how hard you work, you still go no where. However, you still have to work hard; opportunity is given to someone prepared well.
Once you've learned how to be satisfied by what you have now, then you could be happy. Ha...you know what, understanding is easy, but being contained from truly inside is hard.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I ENYY YOU!!! I gotta visit NY at least once in my lifetime! And also Greece, England, Spian, ....etc. I'm just too greedy! Hehe...=P

6/19/2005 11:11 PM  
Blogger ECO said...

Dear Fatima La Bella,
I haven't been to Spain and Greece either. I hope I can go to Prague, Canada, and Eygpt in the following years, the most important of all, with right person(s).

6/20/2005 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what,we could keep going or work harder because we still have dreams.
Life is full of possibility,when you lost something you would get something instead. :)

6/25/2005 12:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Life is struggle, babe! And it's full of compromises & frustrations. I've never dreamed of being a Ms. Big or achieving anything remarkable. Expectation brings disappointment. I know I sound pessimistic, but I simply hope that I could be true and honest to myself & my own life.

6/26/2005 1:56 PM  
Blogger ECO said...

Dear Diane,
Thanks for your encouragement.

Dear Fatima La Bella,
Althought expectation usually brings disappointment, however, I do believe that no one can live without hope.
Don't you agree with me?!

6/29/2005 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is a funny thing..I think it can be best explained as a winding road, things are never 'straight'. Sometimes we need to go along many paths to get to the final destination, sometimes we reach a totally different destination. The only thing constant in life is change, but as long as we see change as our friend and not our enemy then will be prepared.

When I was at school I never thought I would be where I am today, doing what I'm doing. Did you ever think you would be working with the person you are today?

Fear is what fuels me to strive harder. Fear of disappointing my number one idol (my ba ba). He is the one person I truly look up to and admire, the smartest man I have ever met...he has handled his career and his family amazingly well, if I am half the person he is then I am lucky.

Gosh this is longer than I intended it to be hehe =D. Regarding your 'miss right', great things come to good people!

Jo

7/27/2005 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home