Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Entertainment Industry

I chatted with my friend, A-Don, when we worked together in malaysia. She is a cool girl and has worked in Entertainment area for a long time (much longer than mine). I told her one weird phenomenon I've figured out in these two years.
That is "some mistakes always happen and happen again". It's ironic we always make or occur to similar troubles again and again. The only lesson we've learn from each case is "stop complaining and fix the troubles as soon as possible". Until now, I have worked for/with a talented artist for 15 months and still couldn't prevent this vicious circle. But I've realized entertainment/music industry is interesting but complicating and needs you spending lots of passion and energy on it. After participating into countless press conferences, showcases, events, and many kinds of public activities, both of A-Don and I agree that maintaining good relationships with everyone is the most significant rule if you want to survive successfully, no matter who you are.
After discussion, A-Don and I had another conclusion: every successful artist is unique and precious. That means comparing to finding out and managing an excellent artist; obviously, getting a good employee is much easier. Hence, we figured out the second surviving rule, "don't irritate any artist".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. It's not just in the entertainment industry though, we should never irritate anyone in the workplace. It can be so hard sometimes, and even harder for me dealing with not only a language barrier but a cultural one too.

I am lucky though that my step mother is Chinese (Malaysian actually)and she has taught me to 'nod, smile and say ok, ok, ok' hehehe.

I sent a message with my lovely friend Miss Jessica tonight, I hope she passed it along to you?!

Jo

7/27/2005 9:02 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Ooohh I am a blogger too now =D

This is Jo btw.

7/27/2005 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home