Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Most Favorite Place

Do you have a most favorite place? I don't just mean a beach or a lushary shopping mall. In my opinion, my definition of "most favorite place" is somewhere you can refill energy when you lack of confidence or face enormous crisis.
Last night, I coincidently stayed the channel of "Cheaper of Dozen", before staying on Star Movie, I had gone through several rounds of cable channels. I missed this movie several times during this summer before yesterday, because I don't like to wasting time on American comedy, especially acted by Steph Martin. Until yesterday, I had no interest on Steph Martin. Somehow, I stayed the channel and watch the movie. And I was touched.
In the story, main actor starts lost his relationships with his 12 kids because taking his dream career, a university football coach. However, his kids had to face all kinds of challenges since they moved out from their sweet home, which located in the country, because of career changing. Due to the new job, Steph Martin lost the treature time he had usually spent on listening to kids. One day, one of his kids, Mark, missed. Everyone in the family was so nervous and tried their best to find out Mark. Suddently, Steph Martin figured out the place Mark's favorite, their country home. Then he rushed to the real station and he got Mark. They hugged together and back to their home by train. Owing to father's hugging, Mark was melt and touched by father's love. And whole family realized the true happiness and united in their country home by the crisis.
That was a happy ending, but the ending was like a deep inside voice which whispered to me. It seemed to say, "Ivan, where is your favorite place?" After having a second thought, I figured out that my favorite place was not a specific physical but mental place . My favorite place locates at somewhere between God and me; exists wherever I can pray and praise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I was thinking about your question...and what I came up with is that my favorite place is where I feel safe, and I feel safe with my family and my best friends =D

9/03/2005 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home